SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PMW: PA TV rebroadcasts song claiming Israeli cities Jaffa, Safed, Tiberias, and Haifa are in "my country Palestine"

Palestinian Authority television rebroadcast a song with lyrics depicting all of Israel as part of "my country Palestine." This is the second time recently that this song denying Israel's existence has been aired on PA TV. The song describes a bird flying over several Israeli and PA cities, with the refrain: "I burn with envy. My country Palestine is beautiful."

As documented by Palestinian Media Watch, PA TV originally broadcast the songon the children's program The Best Home, with children dancing to the song. The recent broadcast of the song shows images of the cities mentioned in the lyrics.


"Oh flying bird, circling around,
 by Allah, oh traveling [bird], I burn with envy.
 My country Palestine is beautiful.
 Turn to Safed, and then to Tiberias,
 and send regards to the sea of Acre and Haifa.
 Don't forget Nazareth - the Arab fortress,
 and tell Beit Shean about its people's return.
 Oh flying bird, circling around,
 by Allah, oh traveling [bird], I burn with envy.
 My country Palestine is beautiful.
 ... 
 Go to Jenin and bring me from its valley
 greetings to Nablus, Tulkarem and their soil.
 Drink the water of Jaffa's port,
 don't forget Ramle and Ramallah.
 Oh flying bird, circling around,
 by Allah, oh traveling [bird], I burn with envy.
 My country Palestine is beautiful."
     
The Israeli cities presented as part of "my country Palestine" are: Safed, Tiberias, Acre, Haifa, Nazareth, Beit Shean, Jaffa, and Ramle.

[PA TV (Fatah), July 13, 2011]