- Virtually wall-to-wall international endorsement of their claims;
- Almost unanimously supportive coverage in the global mainstream media;
- Generous financial aid – reportedly among the highest per capita in the world; and
- Successive willingly compliant Israeli administrations that not only accepted their claims, but built much of their political credo on that acceptance…and gambled much of their political capital on it.
Under Hamas in Gaza, they have imposed a tyrannical theocracy.
Under neither is there any horizon of hope for a better, more peaceful, more prosperous life for the general public, nor is there any prospect of such hope dawning in the foreseeable future. Both are critically dependent on the (ill-advised) largesse of its alleged “oppressor”, from whom they purportedly strive to liberate themselves.
The futility of international aid
- Promoting the prevention or mitigation of terrorism against Israel from Hamas and other militant organizations;
- Fostering stability, prosperity, and self-governance …that may incline Palestinians toward peaceful coexistence with Israel and a “two-state solution.”
- Meeting humanitarian needs…”